Happy to See You Smile with Cathy Zielske


Happy Friday friends!  Our April guest designer, Cathy Zielske, is back with us today sharing he second project of the month.  We're loving this sweet, CAS card!  Here's Cathy with all the details: 

I'm so happy to be back today as a guest designer for Neat & Tangled, and I'm excited to share my second card project of the month with you. I'm using the charming Friendly Florals stamps and coordinating dies, along with some simple stamping and embossing, and some Zig Clean Color Real Brush marker coloring.


I adore the sweet blooms in this set and I knew I wanted to use my Zig markers to create a watercolor look and feel. But because my watercolor skills are developing, I decided to stamp my images and emboss them with clear powder to create a border that would contain my ink. I find it much easier to paint when there are raised outlines, which is what the embossing provides.


I stamped using Versafine ink and embossed with clear powder for that raised shine you can see in the image above.


I did the same process for the sentiment, to create a matching shiny black finish. Here's a video of the entire card process!


Thanks so much to Neat & Tangled for having me and I'll be back next Friday with my final card project for the month!

4 comments

  1. Very pretty, I love the stamp used

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love the flowers/leaves. The soft colors and layout. Great sentiment. What a wonderful stamp set.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top