Design Team Reunion: Nina-Marie Trapani

Hello everyone! Nina-Marie here! I am so excited to be guesting today for Neat & Tangled’s 5th Birthday celebration! I cannot believe it’s been five years already since Danielle started one of my favorite stamp companies.

For their birthday, Neat & Tangled released a bunch of awesome new products, which I am using on my cards today. I wanted to use my Distress Inks to make a layered background behind a full-card shaker. Full-card shakers are a really fun card style; have you ever tried it?


The Distress Inks were fun to pair with the Balloons Duo stencil in making my background. I used Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed for the colors. To make the background, I started by ink smooshing a layer of the colors onto watercolor paper. Then I took the same three colors and watercolored in the balloons of the stencil. Because the Distress Inks are translucent, you get a really unique blend of colors.

For my sentiment, I used the new Hooray stamp set. I wanted to make the “hooray” word stand out from the colorful background, so I triple heat embossed the sentiment for a cool, dimensional effect! It’s hard to capture on camera, but in real life the difference is noticeable.

Inside the shaker is filled with the Like Magic mix of of sequins, which are SO awesome. These are a unique sequin because they pick up the colors they are paired with. I love how gorgeous they look!

I hope you will check out the video below to see how this card came together! Thank you SO MUCH to Danielle from Neat & Tangled for letting me come back and guest for your 5th Birthday Celebration!! CONGRATS on this HUGE milestone!!!
And thank YOU for stopping by and visiting with me today! Enjoy your Tuesday!

9 comments

  1. Awesome shaker cards ! loved the bright colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZERS, AWESOME! Great shaker and thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! I love your awesome card dear Nina-Marie!!! It make me feel happy!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card and a great video

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina, these are so vibrant and beautiful. You always do a fantastic job on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card--I really like your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top